We’re Hiring: Smart Energy Technical Lead
Energy Transition, the move from legacy to sustainable, resilient, and smart energy, is here to stay. SGIN is a newly formed national organization with big aspirations. It has a mandate to support its members on their journey to enable a clean energy future in a managed approach. SGIN provides education, technical support, program design services and conference to support its members.
By joining SGIN you will be in on the ground floor of shaping an organization that aspires to grow the knowledge of the stakeholders in the sector, enable interoperable systems of systems to address real world energy challenges, and to advocate to government and non-government stakeholders for Smart Energy Solutions.
Based in the Atlantic Region, the primary responsibility of this role will be to setup and manage the core capabilities of SGIN.
- Lead Technical projects from proposal stage through to project completion
- Lead the planning, design and delivery of technical projects
- Contribute to proposal and funding applications
- Degree or Diploma combined with related experience
- 3 years minimum smart grid, clean energy sector work
- 3 years experience Strong competency in energy data analysis
- An understanding of grid planning both capacity and grid flexibility considerations
- 5 years’ experience managing or coordinating multi sector electricity intensive design and an analysis projects
- Minimum of 2 years project leadership experience
- Experience leading large group client meetings, obtaining client engagement and consensus
- 5 years experience in Electricity Utility Sector, Smart Grid and Smart Energy solutions
- Strong skills in creating high quality documentation deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- French Second Language would be an asset
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in Canada
- Willingness for occasional travel
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and rewarding work.
If you are ready to make the right move, we invite you to join us and apply online here.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. By submitting personal information SGIN or its agents you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purpose of conducting SGIN internal business.
Reference ID: SGIN – MSL -202101
Contract length: 9 months
Application deadline: 2021-04-28
Expected start date: 2021-05-15
Currently our operations has moved to full remote. On site activities will be addressed as time progresses and will be specific to the client or the event requirements.