Canadian Energy Mission to Enlit Europe 2023
- Enlit Europe Conference & Trade Show
- Mission Date: Nov. 26 – Dec. 1 2023 (Conference Nov. 28 – 30)
- Location: Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Paris France
This opportunity is available through CanExport Associations Funding provided by the Trade Commissioner Service of the Government of Canada, in partnership with the Embassy of Canada to France and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, and the provinces of Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec.
Through Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and CanExport Associations Funding provided by the Government of Canada Trade Commissioner Service, SGIN has collaborated with Atlantic Canada the provinces of Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec, to lead a learning and trade mission to Enlit Europe taking place this November 28 – 30 in Paris.
Enlit Europe is a unique opportunity to connect with international industry leaders, be inspired to take action, showcase your capabilities and solutions, establish business partners and contribute to the energy transition.
A few perks of joining SGIN’s delegation:
- Pre-Mission Workshop / Webinars & In-Market Briefing
- Delegate logistics
- B2B Matchmaking Service
- Attendance at Enlit Europe
- Networking & Business Development Opportunities
- Market Intelligence Site Visit(s)
- Access to the Canadian exhibition booth
- Profile in the Canadian brochure
Registration to participate is still open! Scroll down for the outline of registration options, mission benefits & instructions on how to register.
This year, SGIN is organizing a Canadian Pavilion at Enlit Europe. A maximum of 20 Canadian SMEs will have the opportunity to showcase their products and services in a dedicated booth, representing Canadian excellence in the energy sector. The Canadian Pavilion will be available as a meeting point and support location for all Canadian delegates.
All delegates (with or without booths) will receive B2B Matchmaking Services provided by our B2B Consultant – Tony Aggarwal, Director, Kinetic Cubed and his team. The matchmaking service will provide delegates support pre, during, and immediately post mission, and help develop partnerships and insight in Europe. Kinetic Cubed will make connections and schedule up to 3 qualified B2B meetings with potential for business and partnership opportunity for each delegate at Enlit Europe.
Attend ENLIT without a booth as a ‘walker’ – Explore and learn and network, using the access to the Pavilion, our coordinated Reception and B2B services.
The following table outlines this year’s registration options and what is in each package.
Fees do not cover:
- Access to the Summit (conference sessions) at Enlit Europe, however we are pleased to offer a discount on the Summit pass for exhibitors and co-exhibitors which you can access here.
- Travel expenses and meals.
- Hotel costs
- Company/Personal insurance.
- Transfer costs to and from airports.
- Transfer cost to and from fairgrounds (ENLIT Europe Conference & Trade Show will take place at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles https://www.enlit-europe.com/visit/venue
Smart Energy Site Visits
Smart Energy Site Visit #1A
- Date: Monday, November 27th
- Time: 9:00am – 1:30pm
- Overview: This site visit to RTE Hub will consist of a two and half hour Round Table + networking opportunity with RTE with presentations by RTE team of their R&D roadmap related to smart grid developments and key technical matters, such as demand management (DM), distributed energy resources (DERs), Open Automated Demand Response (OpenADR) protocol, grid orchestration, computer engineering, the digital transformation of the utility, data analysis, the integration of demand management by electricity utilities, energy storage, energy management in buildings and public communications networks, network automation, in essence all that is related to the smart grid supply chain and the complex needs of the energy transition’s interconnected systems. On the Canadian side, each company will pitch on their technologies and products.
Smart Energy Roundtable – Site Visit #1B
- Date: Monday, November 27th
- Time: Afternoon / Evening (Time TBC)
- Workshop: The Resilience of the Electricity System’ Hosted by Think Smart Grids France Think Smartgrids is organizing a round table on the theme “Resilience of the electrical system ” given the recent energy crisis in Europe highlighted the need to rely on efficient electricity networks to face ever-increasing threats like drought and cyber-attacks in addition to the challenges inherent to the energy transition itself: growing integration of intermittent renewable energies, mass development of electric mobility etc. Five speakers from RTE, SmartEn, Grenoble Polytechnic Institute, General Electric and a member of the Smart Grids Ireland ecosystem will discuss the various aspects of resilience, the major issues to which networks will have to adapt and the main avenues for improvement. Think Smartgrids are then hosting a reception at “La Balle au Bond” barge located on the Seine River, from 18:00 to 22:00, Paris Time.
- Business Reception (3:00pm – 6:00pm) Canada Club reception with Business France, for ENLIT and World Nuclear Expo Delegates.
Smart Energy Site Visit #2
- Date: Thursday, November 30th
- Time: Exact time to be confirmed 6 Visit to the French DSO, Enedis Innovation Labs planned for Thursday, November 30th within a short trip from Paris.
Smart Energy Site Visit #3 (to be finalized)
- Date(s): Thursday, November 30th (evening) – Friday, December 1st (morning/late afternoon)
- Smart energy community networking reception on Thursday late afternoon November 30th to Friday December 1st.
From source to generation, from grid to consumer, the boundaries of the sector are blurring, and this evolution is being shaped by established players, external disruptors, innovative start-ups and the increasingly engaged end-user. Enlit is a constantly growing, inclusive and end-to-end forum that addresses every aspect of the energy agenda and brings all of these people together to seize current opportunities, spotlight future ones, and inspire the next generation to be part of moving the energy transition forward. And so, the Enlit circle begins: a constantly growing, inclusive and end-to-end forum that addresses every aspect of Europe’s energy transition. More information here.
Companies providing technologies and solutions for the energy systems of the future, driven by decarbonisation and energy efficiency: smart energy; smart transport; smart city; smart communities; AI; IoT; Internet of Energy; Big Data; teleservice; monitoring; automation; production and transportation of power; energy performance solutions; energy storage; batteries; decentralized generation assets, renewable energy.
The SGIN Canadian Energy Mission to Enlit Europe aims to showcase the expertise and capabilities of Canadian companies and organizations to increase and accelerate the development of international business opportunities. The mission offers a unique opportunity to meet top-level European energy professionals, form new relationships to conduct business, and to drive new projects forward. With both Trade and Learning as core value, you get great exposure to the EU energy market, trends and opportunities.
In the interests of keeping our group together for ease, we recommend two hotels, both part of the Accor Group, which are separated by 500m, both being on the metro network, in the City and approximately 12min drive / 20 minutes by metro to the Enlit Europe venue While we are in Paris, we will be staying at the Accor Mecure Paris Eiffel Tower Grenelle Hotel.
Hotel Address & contact information:
- Mecure Paris Eiffel Tower Grenelle Hotel
- 64 Boulevard de Grenelle, 75015 Paris, France
- +33 1 45 78 90 90
- Email: H1598@accor.com
- Click here for website
An alternative slightly lower cost option would be to stay at the following hotel which is only a 4 min drive away from the Mecure Paris Eiffel Tower Grenelle Hotel.
- ibis Paris Tour Eiffel Cambronne
- 15ème 2, rue Cambronne
- 75015 Paris France
- +33 1 40 61 21 21
Another option would be to reserve your hotel stay by purchasing a flexible rate for the Thursday evening until we have confirmed our location for the hotel. Click here for website Tip: by joining (for free) the Accor Group loyalty programme, there is an additional 5% discount on the reservation. We recommend booking your hotel stay from Sunday, November 26th, checking out on in the morning on Thursday, November 30th IF you have registered for the Smart Energy Site Visit package as we are planning to travel to the second smart energy site visit on Thursday evening 3 (location TBD). Please note, as the site visit becomes solidified, we will provide more information on the hotel location for the site visit.
Since 14 March 2022, the “vaccine pass” has been lifted in France in all areas where it was previously required (cultural and leisure venues, commercial catering, professional trade shows, etc.). Similarly, the COVID certificate is no longer required as of 1 August 2022. For current information on COVID please visit here.
Interesting in becoming a Member of the Smart Grid Innovation Network Canada today? Apply today!