Market & Trade Support
SGIN supports all members to promote their local industry to foreign markets. We provide services such as:
- Market research and analysis, for market intel and trade development
- Facilitating meetings and networking opportunities with relevant companies and organizations, nationally and internationally
Supply Chain Repository
SGIN can help industry increase their visibility and reach new customers through our network and provide potential buyers, regional development offices and trade bodies an understanding of the Smart Energy capabilities in Canada. Promotion services range from top priority in online database. More info on this service offering here.
Influence & Governance
SGIN Members can nominate an individual for the Board of Directors, gain AGM voting rights, and receive an invitation to exclusive networking events.
Policy Development & Advocacy
SGIN Members have priority participation in advocacy and communications initiatives, as well as the opportunity to participate In SGIN working committee(s).
In 2023, SGIN will establish a repository with information, resources, and tools related to Smart Energy. Although some information will be in the public view, Members will have a deeper curated hub to access. The knowledge hub provides:
SGIN provides expertise and resources to create smart energy industry reports. Examples of industry reports topics include:
- Smart Energy Export Companies handbook
- Analysis of smart energy key market trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Case studies
- Industry news, recent events, trends, key players
- Analysis of the smart energy supply chain across Canada
- Government policies and regulations
Professional Development & Education Resources
Professional development and training opportunities to improve skills and knowledge in the smart energy sector. This can include training on specific topics, best practices for implementing smart energy systems, or subjects e.g., policy & regulatory information.
Profile & Branding
- Prominent branding among members
- Member Spotlight Opportunity
- Opportunity to respond to procurement requests, for or through SGIN
- Smart Energy Supply Chain Database priority listing
As a SGIN Member, you will have access to our private industry LinkedIn group, early access to our industry webinars and industry-relevant information, as well as access to the network of professionals, a member-only portal, our monthly smart energy newsletter, and webinars offering expert information and industry insights.
Leadership Forums & Workshops
Enjoy member pricing to SGIN conferences and leadership forums where you will have the opportunity to showcase your organization, learn innovative approaches, expand your network, and engage with energy leaders across Canada.
Members in good standing can become Associates, where SGIN requests your efforts to engage in something because of your passion, skills, talent and time. Some Associate projects may be remunerative. Associates are actively helping SGIN progress its many initiatives.
*The member offerings listed above are free to all SGIN Members
Download our detailed Member Guide Here.