SGIN Board Academia Seat – Now Accepting Applications!
We are excited to announce that there is an open call for the Academia Seat on the Smart Grid Innovation Network Canada Board of Directors. This position is a two-year term starting August 2023 and offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of SGIN, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a member of the SGIN Board of Directors, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with smart energy industry leaders and fellow board members to help shape the direction of SGIN. You will also be able to lend your expertise and experience, and join SGIN on the journey to smart energy implementations in Canada.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position. The deadline for applications is 5:00pm ADT on June 1, 2023.
- Seats are reserved for Class A voting members and preference will be given to Energy Champion level members.
- Seat titles are meant to represent the expertise of the individual in the seat, not their employment status.
- Diversity is a strong consideration as we select Board members.
To apply, please click below to complete the form and submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position by June 1st 2023:
About the Smart Grid Innovation Network Canada
The Smart Grid Innovation Network Canada is a network of leaders in the Canadian smart energy sector. By fostering Canada’s transition to clean energy, we will help build stronger, more resilient communities and a sustainable economy.
SGIN supports Canada’s clean energy transition by advocating for the smart energy sector. Through education, vendor support, business model innovation and smart grid technology, we will leverage our position in the Canadian energy sector to create impact. We are dedicated to building a clean energy future for the benefit of all Canadians.
SGIN was founded to advocate for the many benefits of smart, clean energy in Canada. As a non-profit, member-driven organization, we promise to:
- Act as leaders, modeling the changes we work towards;
- Remain focused on providing a benefit to society;
- Dedicate ourselves to open and fact-based information sharing;
- Encourage diversity of perspective in the clean and smart energy space;
- Operate on a non-partisan basis;
- Take a holistic system design approach to solving problems through education, vendor support, technology and business model solutions.