The Smart Grid Innovation Network Canada is a network of leaders in the Canadian smart energy sector. By fostering Canada’s transition to clean energy, we will help build stronger, more resilient communities and a sustainable economy.
SGIN supports Canada’s clean energy transition by advocating for the smart energy sector. Through education, vendor support, business model innovation and smart grid technology, we will leverage our position in the Canadian energy sector to create impact. We are dedicated to building a clean energy future for the benefit of all Canadians.
SGIN was founded to advocate for the many benefits of smart, clean energy in Canada. As a non-profit, member-driven organization, we promise to:
- Act as leaders, modeling the changes we work towards;
- Remain focused on providing a benefit to society;
- Dedicate ourselves to open and fact-based information sharing;
- Encourage diversity of perspective in the clean and smart energy space;
- Operate on a non-partisan basis;
- Take a holistic system design approach to solving problems through education, vendor support, technology and business model solutions.
SGIN is looking for volunteers to represent SGIN in industry activities. Please note: Seats are reserved for Class A voting members and preference will be given to Energy Champion level members. Please see below for the nomination terms. Please check back for updates as we open each nomination period.2022-2023 seats open for nomination:
- Utility Seat – Term: July 2022 – June 2023
- Policy Seat – Term: July 2022 – June 2023
- Student Seat – Term: July 2022 – June 2023
For questions about any of the openings listed below, please contact Jenn Bowes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 506-627-9208. All upcoming deadlines are tentative and subject to change.