We’re Hiring! Program Operations Manager
Energy Transition, the move from legacy to sustainable, resilient, and smart energy, is here to stay. SGIN is a recently formed national organization with big aspirations. It has a mandate to support its members on their journey to enable a clean energy future in a managed approach. SGIN is evolving to provide education, technical support, trade support, program design services and conferences to support its members.
By joining SGIN you will be in on the ground floor of shaping an organization that aspires to grow the knowledge of the stakeholders in the sector, enable Smart Electrification systems of systems to address real world energy challenges, and to advocate to government and non-government stakeholders for Smart Energy Solutions.
This role is based in the New Brunswick, the primary responsibility of this role will be to setup and manage the core capabilities of this project on behalf of SGIN.
The need for this, and any program, includes multiple dimensions. Program and Project Management, relevant technical acumen, and stakeholder engagement that supports collaboration and partnerships.
The applicant is expected to be strong in at least 2 of these dimensions and comfortable with working in all of them. Being an independent leader is a critical element of this role.
The Programs at SGIN include:
- Building a Smart Energy Collaboration Network,
- Leading a Provincial Beneficial Electrification Program,
- Coordinating Community Beneficial Electrification Program,
- Launching a Smart Energy Measurement and Verification offering,
- Delivering a Smart Energy Interoperability Adoption Pilot, and
- Launching a Smart Energy Knowledge Hub.
- Launching a National Smart Energy Benchmarking Offering.
The goal of this work is to replicate the outcomes from these in other jurisdictions as programs and resources that enable the scale and pace of the transition that we need.
- Own, drive, and deliver Programs inside SGIN including budget, scope, time and resource management.
- Lead projects from proposal stage through to project completion
- Engage members and the public to understand their needs.
- Procure services from companies and individuals to complete portions of the work.
- Hire and lead resources / staff needed to enable the program.
- Lead the planning, design, and delivery of projects.
- Lead proposal and funding applications
- Lead reporting requirements for the project.
- Coordinate with financial administration for proposals, reports, and claims.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time on budget.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a project environment
- Background in Energy Innovation would be an asset.
- Degree or Diploma combined with related experience.
- An understanding of the whole energy system implications would be an asset.
- Experience leading large group client meetings, obtaining client engagement and consensus.
- Strong skills in creating high quality documentation deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- French second Language would be an asset.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in Canada.
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Able to work independently in a remote work environment.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and impactful work. If you are ready to make the right move, we invite you to join us and apply by completing the form below.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. By submitting personal information SGIN or its agents you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purpose of conducting SGIN internal business.
- Reference ID: SGIN – EL4.0 -202210
- Contract length: n/a
- Application deadline: 2023-09-11
- Job Types: Full-time
- Salary: TBD
- COVID-19 considerations: Currently our operations has moved to mostly remote. On site activities are becoming normalized and expected to be needed to deliver this program.